Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate for Embedded Systems are embedded versions of the Classic Windows 7 desktop OS, and are available for fixed-function or dedicated systems.
They are designed for devices with a strict need for Microsoft Windows 7 application compatibility and where reduced footprint is not a primary design requirement.
Unlike Microsoft Windows XP Embedded, Windows 7 with Embedded Restrictions is not a componentised version of the Windows OS and an OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) is needed to produce the OS image. Therefore, the OS image size is not as customisable.
Following features are only available in Windows 7 Ultimate: MUI Support, BitLocker, BitLocker to Go, VHD Boot, Direct Access, AppLocker, BrancheCache, VDI Remote Desktop.
Windows 7 Key Features
- The same full Operating System as Windows 7 OEM version
- Language Independent Licensing – Multi User Interface (MUI) Language OPK available for Ultimate version.
- Online Activation Disabled – for customers whose usage is 1k and above, activation can be disabled via an application to Microsoft
- Long Lifetime Support – support at least until 2024
- Very fast boot time and very stable for industrial usage
Available Microsoft licenses for Windows® 7 for embedded systems:
Windows 7 Professional SP1 (For Embedded Systems)
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (For Embedded Systems)
Windows 7 Professional (For Embedded Systems)
Windows 7 Ultimate (For Embedded Systems)